Nothing is more summery than beautiful, ripe tropical fruits. Granted, sometime they’re not always that ripe but you can always get the texture that you’re looking for from Früt’s range of frozen fruits. Here are some ideas to use tropical fruits in your sundowners this summer:
- White wine sangria: Mix white wine with frozen mango
,pineapple, appricot, chopped fresh mint and let it marinate for half an hour in the fridge before topping up with lemonade, ginger ale or sparkling water.
- Strawberry and sparkling wine: Place a whole frozen strawberry at the bottom of a champagne flute and top with sparkling wine.
- Apricot Bellini: Blitz up frozen apricot into a smooth puree and spoon into the bottom of a wine glass. Top with sparkling wine.
- Watermelon Margaritas: Pulse frozen watermelon chunks until you make a puree, adding lime juice to the mix to help it reach a smooth consistency. Add tequila and triple sec and serve in a salt-rimmed glass.
- Sweet Cherry Margaritas: Pulse frozen Sweet Cherries until you make a puree, adding lime juice to the mix to help it reach a smooth consistency. Add tequila and triple sec and serve in a salt-rimmed glass.
- Pineapple Mojito: Let a few chunks of pineapple thaw before adding to the bottom of a tumbler together with mint leaves, a wedge of lime and a sprinkling of sugar. Muddle together with the back of a spoon, getting as much juice out of the fruit as possible, then add a shot of rum and top with sparkling water.