Unlike most fruits that consist primarily of carbs, the humble avocado is all about healthy fats – the majority of which is a monosaturated fatty acid called oleic acid which is also a major component of olive oil. The creamy stone fruit is also loaded with nutrients, vitamins, and fibre. Add the cubes to your morning smoothie for a delightfully smooth and velvety texture, or simply leave them to defrost before adding to a salad, sandwich, or mashing it up for some guacamole. The only thing we add to our frozen avo is ascorbic acid (AKA vitamin C) to prevent the oxidation process – we don’t want our green beauties turning brown!
The benefits of this fruit are:
1. Regulating blood pressure due to the high potassium content
2. Healthy fats reduce inflammation and promotes a healthy heart
3. Reducing the “bad” cholesterol and increasing the “good” cholesterol
4. Improves digestion & helps body absorb nutrients
5. Specific antioxidants (lutein and zeaxanthin) improve eye health
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.